Saturday, January 29, 2011

Packing UGH!!!!

So... of course I waited until the last minute to pack. My poor little luggage was not prepared for this. I bought a luggage set a few months ago (pretty much as soon as I found out I was approved to study abroad) and I thought it would hold everything I could possibly need. Then I started to put stuff in it and I realized how small the suitcases really are. The poor little suckers are just bursting at the seams. Hopefully, the baggage tossers will be gentle. I don't think my suitcases will be able to take too much abuse.


As I said before, the guide told us not to bring everything we need, but they couldn't have possibly meant that, right? But I do need 12 pairs of socks and a lamp, right? What about my 5 pairs of ballet flats, 2 pairs of tennis shoes, and my Toms? I honestly don't know why  some of the things I packed are in my suitcase, but
"It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"
At least that's what I'm going to tell myself to justify having all this crap in my suitcase. THEN... I decided I was going to try to sneak an extra carry-on on the plane. I would have my regular carry-on and my "purse", which is really just a backpack. Fortunately, I checked my email and saw that Ryanair (my flight from Madrid to Palma) is very strict about allowing passengers to only have one carry-on. They said purses, laptops, cameras, your whole life, had to fit in that one bag. The penalty was like a 35 Euro fee or they wouldn't allow you to board the plane. Harsh, right? That'll teach me to try to cheat the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment