Thursday, February 10, 2011

Water Costs How Much?!?!?

I have been told that the tap water in Mallorca is no good. Apparently, it has high concentrations of calcium and you could get kidney stones from drinking it. This is honestly such a HUGE issue for me. I loves me some water, but here you have to pay for it. Water costs about as much as a Coke. How is that possible? You would think an island would be the best place to get some super awesome water, but clearly that's not the case. When I first got to Palma, I probably spent 3 to 4 euros a day on water. That's only the water I bought while I was out, not the gallon of water I drink with my meals. I thought I was going to send my Spanish mommy to the poor house with all the water I was drinking. And then, our "Guardian Angels" introduced us to Carrefour (the Wal-Mart of Europe). They have an entire room of just water. I found my happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment