Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Laden's Death

So, Osama bin Laden died. Who would have ever thought that would happen? After 10 years of searching for this guy, it seems as though he had almost become a mythical creature, like a unicorn (but not quite as benevolent). My Spanish mother told me the morning Obama announced it and at first I thought I mistranslated what she said. I was really surprised to hear this because it sort of seems like it came out of the blue. I guess the President really couldn't announce every step of what he was doing because that would kind of defeat the purpose of a secret operation. Later that day I got an email from the U.S. Consulate telling me to refrain from attending public demonstrations or celebrating publicly. I was like really? Did they expect me to run down the street and rip my shirt off like Mia Hamm after the Women's World Cup? Trust me, that wouldn't have happened. I just thought it was an interesting email to receive. Anywho, I don't really have much else to say about it. What's done is done.

Maybe if I had abs like hers I would rip my shirt off more often : )

No comments:

Post a Comment