Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SEMANA SANTA - Dance Party in Front of the Sacré-Cœur

A spontaneous dance party in front of the Sacré-Cœur is just one of those things you can't plan (thereby making it spontaneous I guess). Anywho, after we came outside the Sacré-Cœur, we noticed some hot guy hanging off a light post juggling a soccer ball with his foot. I thought Well that's different. It's much better than the people in Plaza Mayor with a headless suit outfit expecting me to give them a euro for doing nothing. These guys were really working for their euros. I got some amazing pictures of this guy on a light pole with Paris as his background.


His friend is like "How does he do that?" : )

After the show with the pole, we thought it was over...we were wrong. Speakers came from who knows where and the music started. First up was a spunky blond with a pixie haircut and the ability to shake her groove thang (I'm corny, I know). Then, the light pole guy came to perform some on the ground balancing acts with the soccer ball. Another guy (who I may have a tiny crush on) starts dancing and flipping off of stuff (and therefore will be referred to as the hot French spider monkey). He almost gave me a heart attack at first, but made for some pretty awesome pictures.

Spunky blond
The ball is spinning on a pen, not the other guy's hand : )

Hot French spider monkey almost gave me a heart attack
He flipped off that. Once again, heart attack.
You would think the show was over, not quite.
After this gracious bow, the music started again and the blond was back to dancing. As she danced, a very happy man (who shall hereinafter be referred to as the Brazilian because of his brightly colored outfit) got up and started dancing with her. They had lots of fun and eventually more people began to join them. More people came until there was a whole dance troupe up there. These guys had to be professionals because they were a little too good to be normal people. The Brazilian was leaping and twirling around like a certified ballerina. There was no denying he was a trained dancer.

The "Brazilian"
The rest of his dancing buddies
Michael Jackson time

Eventually, lots more normal people got up to dance. When the Macarena came on everybody joined in.  There was even some random guy, who I would guess was borderline intelligence impaired, in a white track suit who got up and started dancing. Then, the hot French spider monkey/"I like to flip off things and give Chelsea a heart attack" guy takes his shirt off and starts walking up the stairs to the Sacré-Cœur on his hands. I have to admit that by this point I'm in total creep mode and taking pictures of him with my friend's camera because mine wasn't working well enough in the dark. Good times : ) 

Who's this guy?
Hot French spider monkey going up the stairs on his hands
Me being a total creep
Pakistani creeper

Did I mention that this whole time the gorgeous redhead is getting hit on by a Pakistani creeper? He was obviously under the influence of some kind of something and he was getting a little too "hands all over the world" with her. Weird thing is he had the same name (a very unique name might I add) as one of our other friends with us. So weird, right? The blurriness of this of this photo is probably how his vision was that night.


Towards the end, some guy came up and decided he wanted to start rapping. English definitely is not his first language, but for some reason that the language he decided to rap in. When he first started, I thought he said something about the monkey section, but my friend is like, no he said smoking section. I'm thinking Oh, that makes more sense...I think. Then he starts throwing out profanity for no reason. He's like Drop that f*cking beat! Play that sh*t!  Of course I find this super hilarious, and I can't take him seriously at all (not that I took him that seriously before). Then, he definitely said something about monkey music. I was like I knew he said monkey section! He was just foolishness. Not the best way to end an amazing street performance, but whatever. He was probably somebody's brother who just wanted a little stage time.

This was definitely my favorite night of Semana Santa. Fun was had by all and it made me love Paris even more. There's nothing better than a spontaneous dance party in front of an epic cathedral as you watch the sun set over Paris. I only wish I knew who these people were so I can send them pictures of their epic awesomeness. I'm sure they would love to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment