Friday, May 6, 2011

Museo de Joan Miró

Today we had a visit to the museum of Joan Miró who was a famous Mallorcan artist. In the beginning his paintings started off very complicated with a ton of detail, but by the time of his death they were... different. He claims he spent years trying to simplify his work, but personally I liked his older work better. There was a case full of his drawings and they literally look like something my 4 year old nephew drew that I would post on my refrigerator. I really think he just said "F it, I'm already famous" and he just started scribbling randomness and called it art. Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't think anybody I was with got it either. One of his displayed "masterpieces" is literally a piece of poster board with a smear of red paint on it. What? If that's all you need to do, why am I not an artist? This guy really lived the life too. Check out the amazing view from in workspace.

View from walkway to Miró's studio

View from walkway to Miró's studio

This is supposed to be his representation of a woman. ???

No comments:

Post a Comment