Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day Trip: Ca'n Prunera

Ca'n Prunera is a museum modernist art in Sóller. I had never been to Sóller before, so I was more excited about that. The historic train that goes from Palma to Sóller began running in 1912 and still has the same cars as it did in 1912. But back to the point. Ca'n Prunera was built in 1909 and was originally a private residence. Then, in 2009 it reopened as a modernist art museum. I'm not really a huge art person, but I can appreciate a beautiful piece of artwork when I see one. Some of the things there were just... well, I don't know. I guess I just didn't get it. The top floors were decorated the way they would have been when a family lived there. It also had displays with some of the creepiest dolls I've ever seen in my life. I have no idea why a child would want to be anywhere near those things.

Train + A very excited History professor

Awesome spiral staircase

Why would any child want this?

View from top of staircase

Popsicle stick art. Really?

This is when I just stopped taking pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment